Currently I rely quite heavily on technology in class. All "lecture" notes are presented through powerpoint. Most student projects are based in technology. For example US history students are creating digital stories over the The Great Depression. They are doing this using primary documents such as images, video and audio. In geography my students are developing a travel documentary over Southeast Asia.
I would eventually like to have all notes available on a teacher webpage with links to other resources. I have set up a youtube page so students can access specific videos, I would like to continue to add to it. One thing I have not done is create online quizzes or test. I would like to create the quizzes and review materials for students to access.
·What motivated or will motivate you to include technology in your lessons?
To be quite honest enrolling in the MA program at IWU has given me a spark. I look forward to a little time off this summer to reevaluate several things. I look forward to create some new fresh approaches to many of my lessons. I am also bound and determined to find access to some grant money to purchase some laptops that I can keep in my room and have full control over. That way the students can create more innovative projects. The laptops we have now are only thin clients and have limited capabilities and programs.

No comments:
Post a Comment